Protecting public health will always be our top priority. We are developing robust health protocols and will continue to work with and follow the guidance of local, state, and federal public health officials to ensure your safety.
In addition, we have brought on nationally-renowned epidemiologists Drs. Larry Brilliant and W. Ian Lipkin to advise the convention team on efforts to develop measures that protect the health and safety of convention staff, attendees, and the people of Wisconsin. Further details about the convention’s health protocol plan will be shared closer to the convention.
Due to public health guidance and social distancing protocols, we must reduce the number of media positions and workspaces inside the Wisconsin Center to ensure the safety of all convention attendees. We will work with the Congressional Press Galleries to update outlets as to the number and type of available media spaces as plans move forward.
We have a record of your media space requests, and we will be working with the Congressional Press Galleries on next steps.
If your coverage plans have changed, please inform your credentialing gallery as soon as possible:
- Daily Press Gallery: All publications and newspapers (foreign and domestic), wire services, and online publications affiliated with daily news organizations. Contact the Daily Press Gallery.
- Periodical Press Gallery: All foreign and domestic magazines, newsletters, non-daily newspapers and online publications. Contact the Periodical Press Gallery.
- Photographers’ Press Gallery: All photographers representing news organizations and news publications. Freelance photographers must be on assignment from a news organization to be considered for credentials. Contact the Photographers’ Press Gallery.
- Radio-TV Press Gallery: All radio and television news organizations and programs, including online news sites with original audio and video. Contact the Radio-TV Press Gallery.
- DNCC Press Gallery: All organizations that are not credentialed by the four Congressional Press Galleries. These include student newspapers and news outlets with a political or religious affiliation Contact the Radio-TV Press Gallery.
We know that the rate card directly impacts your coverage plans. We will share more information as soon as we can.
A digital stream of the convention will be available for media to access for remote coverage of the convention. See below for more details. More information regarding how to engage with the convention will be shared in the weeks to come.
A switched feed of the gavel-to-gavel convention proceedings will be made available in a range of formats for media outlets, including several livestream options.
Format: 1080i 59.94 Multi-camera feed
- Fiber (The Switch)
- Local SDI handoff
- RTSP pull
- M3UA playlist
- Other streaming video platforms, including embeddable players
More information about how to access the feed will be shared as we move closer to the convention.
The deadline for USSS credential submissions is July 1st. Outlets must submit all names of individuals who could be involved in convention coverage this August for them to be eligible to enter the convention perimeter.
All logistical updates regarding timelines and deadlines will be shared through our media list.
Satellite broadcasts taking place in cities, locations and landmarks across the nation will be incorporated into the main convention program which will be anchored each night in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. These remote broadcasts will highlight the stories and ideas of voters and delegates from across the country. We look forward to announcing satellite broadcast sites in the weeks to come.
In light of the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and public safety, we will schedule a series of media logistical briefings, where we will provide more information to the media and give a visual tour of the convention complex. These briefings will take place remotely and have not yet been scheduled. We’ll be in touch soon with more details and information on how to participate. All resources and materials will be made available afterwards.
If you submitted a request for housing for the July dates, that request will automatically transfer to the new August dates and you will not need to submit another request. If you would like to make changes to your original request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.